Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The morning climb



The perfect view of the river on the way up. Wow this water is cold! Nagano is much cooler than the rest of Japan. The air is cool and dry. In some ways it reminds me of Canada.









(Upper left pic) I took a little brake by the river and young Japanese boy started speaking to me in perfect English. It turns out that he lives in Michigan U.S.A. now. His parrents have been sending him to the U.S. for 8 years now.
(Upper right pic) Considering I hadn't slept for a few nights I took the oppertunity to have a little 30 minute snooze on the trail. Right on the trail. I slept like a log and had no idea that this photo had been taken until recently.
(Lower left pic) Me walking though a medow on the way up the mountain.
(Lower right pic) The tent sight. Note all the traffic. Crowds always seem to be a problem in Japan.

















Some shots of me on the glacier on the way up. Yes that's right! A glacier, a glacier in Japan. Really small and is not there every year but most years.
(Bottom Left pic) Me trying to look cool on a peak. Notice the bigger belly. This can prabably be contributed to good cooking. Ummmmm. Pass the Sushi.
(Bottom right pic) Noriko and I on the peak of Kita-Hodaka. Noriko is the one in the red shirt and I am the white guy.









No comments: