Friday, April 14, 2006

Bouncing around with Kids

Hey you little punks! That's not a snow ball, This is a snow ball!!! (IBUKI-YAMA)

Well another day with my students, sorry no pics of students, but those of you who know me, know that I and the children were bouncing off the walls. So far all my students like me, the parents like me, and my assistants like me. I know that I am a good teacher but there is really no future in teaching English in Japan. I meet these washed up Gaijin who have been here for 15 ~20 years and they are still singing ABC every day, They will never make any more money and they are as high as they will ever be in their companies. Japanese personal will keep moving up but the Gaijin are faced with a glass ceiling that is unavoidable. This is not a land of equal opportunity or equal anything. But for now I like it and it is working for me.

Note to self, Don't get trapped here.

P.S. Well ok, 1 pic (me in snow ball fight with some kids on Ibuki-yama)

No comments: