Thursday, April 13, 2006

Present job

Present job kinda sucks, I'm teaching and I enjoy that, I also enjoy the kids. For that it is really fun and rewarding. But the transportation to and from work is really getting to me. Every day I go to a different location to teach. In some cases I travel for more than one & a half hours, and just oneway. Job quality is really not up to snuff. Even for the natives. This a place that will use you up and spit you out if you are not careful.

Other than that the mountains are GREAT!! The hiking when you can find it is great. Usually one can find a train or bus to the base of one of these mountains and if not, one can always hitchhike. Hitchhiking in Japan is becoming harder these days though. Weather it be shyness or fear I'm not sure.

Mountains I have climbed so far are:
Fuji-san
Chosu-no-Kashira
Oyama
Tateyama
Aso-san
Unzen
Kaizuki-Yama
Fujiwara-dake
Gozaishou
Kamaga-dake
wakakusa-yama
Ryouzen
Yourou
Daifugen
Kinka-zan
Kana-yama (Gunma)
Nyudou-ga-dake
Ibuki-yama
Kiyotaki-yama
a small mountain in Sapporo
and a couple of others I can't remember the names of.


One of the mountains in the North Alps.



















Me on a sub peak at Tate-Yama



















Me looking out over my future.



















Me at the top of an erate with Tsurugi-dake in
the back ground.

No comments: